minutes for 10-12-2004 meeting

Minutes of RDF DAWG teleconference 2004-10-12T14:30Z for review


IRC log:

Scribe: Kendall Clark


1. Convene, take roll, review record

   Kendall Clark
   Dan Connolly
   Pat Hayes
   Andy Seaborne
   Kevin Wilkinson
   Simon Raboczi
   Eric Prud'hommeaux
   Janne Saarela
   Steve Harris

   Dave Beckett, 
   Jos De Roo, 
   Howard Katz, 
   Farrukh Najmi

RESOLVED: to accept telecon meeting record 5 Oct 2004 

Next meeting 2004-10-19 14:30 UTC
Regrets: Andy Seaborne (?)
Chair: Dan Connolly
Scribe: Simon Raboczi

(Regrets for 26 October: Andy Seaborne)

2. Publication of SPARQL

Draft has moved into W3C machinery, from which we hope some good
information will escape soon. [Draft now published.]

PatH -- technical problems in definitions, which have been addressed,
but he hasn't re-engaged since then. AndyS would appreciate review of
doc up to 4.3 -- post-pub review, that is.

ACTION: PatH review SPARQL def'ns post-publication

3. Publish UC&R

EricP has req'd pub from W3C team. Status for UC&R is that we think we
are finished. No pending objectives or requirements, and editor would
like to stop adding use cases

SimonR: may have a use case for counting. PatH: DAML ql potential
users wanted counting

4. SPARQL Protocol

KendallC: protocol draft under furious work, should have something to
show soonish -- for next week's meeting, ideally.

5. "Web Services Constraints and Capabilities" taken up [from DanC]

EricP: attending the WS C&C workshop today; we anticipate a report
from him next week.

ACTION EricP: draft UC on overlap between RDF query and web service
constraints with respect to WS-Policy continues.

6. Issues List

DanC: reformatted issues list from table to list


SteveH: happy w/ amount of work re: SOURCE tests he's done so far;
could do more later, if necessary

ACTION: SteveH to turn his SOURCE tests into SPARQL ones

ACTION SteveH: test cases (10 or so) re: current SOURCE design. -- COMPLETED

ACTION AlbertoR: real test cases re: current SOURCE design. -- COMPLETED

ACTION DaveB: Update the source section 9, add more formal links,
update the examples, try to think about extra constraints as EricP
proposed (SOURCE ?s and ?s only in in SELECT). Look at various
people's source test cases. -- CONTINUES

These actions CONTINUE:

ACTION SteveH: owns issue 'nested optionals'

ACTION AlbertoR: owns issue 'DESCRIBE'

ACTION DanC: owner of issue 'yes or no questions'

ACTION SteveH: own (i.e. propose resolution to) disjunction issue

ACTION DanC: talk with Kendall about issues list maintenance 

ACTION: Tom to send sample iTQL queries and result formats for
subqueries vs. disjunction
8. Comments from SWBP&D WG

Rest assured, we are doing something HTTP-based.

9. comment from P. Dawes

DanC: we have some obligation to pay some attention to comments that come in from others.

ACTION: AndyS formally respond to phil dawes's comment, closing that loop for now 

Also, note: Jeremy Carroll's comments:
We informally note that this input is interesting and it will be considered in due course


Received on Monday, 18 October 2004 13:58:52 UTC