Agenda: RDF Data Access 29 Jun (rev 3)

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 11:19, Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 09:38, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > [Since I owe an agenda by 14:30Z, here's what I've got so far.]

I missed a couple actions from last time, and AndyS
suggested 3.6 Optional Match is ripe. So here's a 3rd attempt...

1. Convene, take roll, review record, agenda

  RDF Data Access Working Group
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/
  Tuesday 2004-06-29 14:30 UTC*
  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 7333 ("RDFD")
  http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_1343
  supplementary chat: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dawg
       log to appear: http://www.w3.org/2004/06/29-dawg-irc

Scribe: AndyS.

Minutes of the RDF DAWG telcon 2004-06-22 for review
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0718.html

next meeting: telcon 2004-07-06
  scribe volunteer?

DONE: ACTION to Kendall: remove 3.6 variant

further input to todays agenda?

2. ftf update

Registration is up to 9, and lots of the "unknowns" are now in.
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35463/DAWGf2f2/

Agenda in progress
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf2
  $Revision: 1.4 $

ACTION to EricP: check with Rob/Network Inference if 2 hours
teleconference facility can be organized on both days at 11am-1pm PST.
(I've seen some progress, but I won't consider this really finished
until the ftf2 page answers the questions I've seen.)

3. Requirement: 3.6 Optional Match

"3.6 Optional Match
It must be possible to express a query that does not fail when some
specified part of the query fails to match. Any such triples matched by
this optional part, or variable bindings caused by this optional part,
can be returned in the results, if requested."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/UseCases#r3.6

Will start with straw poll; depending on results, may put
the question.

4. Streaming requirement

ACTION to Kendall: include the new wording about streaming
in the UC&R document. Group can then vote on its acceptance/rejection
next week.

done:

"3.12 Streaming Results
It must be possible, when returning multiple unordered results, for the
client to request that results be streamed. When the client requests
streaming results, all the data in one result must be available to the
client before all the data for the next result."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/UseCases#r3.12

PROPOSED: to adopt that requirement.

5. Testing

ACTION SteveH: add ericP's disjunction tests to test cases doc
seems done: Version 0.3, 23-06-2004
  http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~swh/TestSketchCases/

6. Design Evaluations and Poll

ACTION to DaveB: make a review of algea
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0759.html

ACTION to HowardK: make XSS-QL available in specification form by the
end of this week. A reviewer will be sought in next week's
teleconference.
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0740.html

ACTION to Kendall: make a consolidated summary of the scattered
reviews (~7 of them).
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0761.html
 see also ftf reading list http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf2#rdl

Also:

  Poll: RDF Data Access WG: initial design
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35463/initdn/
  <- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0757.html