Re: where is the ratified sparql 1.1 test suite?

On May 18, 2015, at 7:28 AM, james anderson <james@dydra.com> wrote:

>> I believe that the problem you’re referring to here is the difference between “” and “”@ja in the results files?
>
> yes, in one. in the other there is also a french language tag which would appear to be anomalous.

Could you point specifically at the problem you’re seeing? I can’t seem to find it in either strbefore01a.srx or strafter01a.srx. The only “french language tag” I see relating to these tests is in strbefore01a.srx, and that looks valid to me as the STRBEFORE function finds a match and so "returns a literal of the same kind as the first argument” (in this case, “françai”@fr).

> if i were to run straight from the net, i might be persuaded to agree with you.
> that practice suffers, however, from two deficiencies:
> - it is quite circumstantial, in that one cannot point to an object and indicate compliance with it, but can only say “hey, that’s what was being served on dddd-dd-dd@tt:tt:tt”
> - there have been innumerable occasions over the past days when w3c’s web front-end decided to no longer serve the content, which makes it difficult to run tests in that mode. sometimes for days.
>
> i could always wget and set up our own git repository, but having observed any number of those already in the wild - each of unknown provenance and with unknown content, that does not seem to be a well-considered approach.

I wasn’t suggesting that you run tests directly against the network-served files. Only that you begin the process of running tests by parsing the manifest files and using that data to find approved tests (as opposed to running all tests of type mf:QueryEvaluationTest, for example, which might lead you to run a non-approved test).

thanks,
.greg