RE: Editorial suggestion for CREATE operation

Dear David,

> No, I think that wording still needs to be corrected, because
> the sentence does not limit that clause to the case of empty
> graphs.  I suggest qualifying that clause as follows:
> [[
> Since (non graph-aware) Graph Stores may remove graphs that
> are left empty, for such Graph Stores any CreateOperation
> performed on an empty or non-existent graph may be viewed as
> implicitly immediately followed by a DropOperation (see next
> subsection), or simply as an operation with no effect.
> ]]

Thanks, I have taken your suggested wording into account
as an editorial change reflected in the current Editors' Draft at:

 http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml

Additionally, I also made a clarifying edit to the similar
note on the ClearOperation, by changing

----------------------
Since (non graph-aware) Graph Stores may remove graphs that are left empty, for such Graph Stores any ClearOperation may be viewed as immediately followed by a DropOperation, see below.
----------------------

----------------------
Since (non graph-aware) Graph Stores may remove graphs that are left empty, for such Graph Stores any ClearOperation performed on a named graph may be viewed as immediately followed by a DropOperation, see below.

Please let us know whether this response Addresses/clarifies your
concern.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres