Re: Multi-line comments

On 08/02/12 20:09, David Booth wrote:
> Inspired by a post from Danny Ayres
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2012Feb/0031.html
> and by my own need, it would be very helpful to have multi-line comments
> in SPARQL (and Turtle too)

David,

Thank you for the comment on multiline comments.

It is a stylistic point as to whether C-style multiline comments are a
good or bad idea. Looking at their use in C shows that many times there
is still a leading "*" to mark the line.

The working group does not intend to add multiline comments to SPARQL at
this time.

We would be grateful if you would acknowledge that your comment has been
answered by sending a reply to this mailing list.

Andy
On behalf of SPARQL-WG