Re: SPARQL OPTIONAL vs UNION treatment of sub-graph matching

Patrick,

Thank you for the comments which I've forwarded to the working group.

Some semantics under discussion within the working group equate optional with
left-outer-join:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006OctDec/0080.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006OctDec/att-0102/sparql_semantics.pdf

How does this compare with the the semantics you're developing?

	Andy