Re: SPARQL Query Results XML Format: XML 1.1

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 15:00 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 15:42 -0400, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> > The specification defines a SPARQL Results Document as an XML document
> > "that is valid with respect to either the RELAX NG XML Schema or the W3C
> > XML Schema". This implies that results documents are only XML 1.0.
>
> It does?

The Recommendation for W3C XML Schema 1.0 only supports XML 1.0. Same
thing for Relax NG schema.

> >  (and
> > indeed, the reference section only talks about XML 1.0).
> >
> > I would encourage the Group to make the specification XML-version
> > agnostic, thus enabling support for XML 1.1 as well.
>
> How? What should the spec say?

Make it clear that the specification is not restricted to XML 1.0. For
XML 1.1 documents, individuals can use the XML Schema as indicated in
[1].

Philippe

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/NOTE-xml11schema10-20050511/