Re: SPARQL: isURI poorly named

* Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>I don't follow. Is it the "IRI" part or the "is" part that you object
>to? (Perhaps this is in the context of preferring the spec to refer to
>URI refs instead of IRIs.)

Well, CSS has url(), XML DSig has URI="", if SPARQL uses isIRI() it's
probably just a matter of time until we agree on yet a different term
for resource identifiers in which case the name becomes obsolete and
we'd have to deal with yet more confusion. Names that omit reference
to the current terminology would avoid this problem, e.g. isRI, isRe-
source, etc. would all work for me, but the WG probably knows best
what'd be a good replacement.