Re: "How Many ..."

* Tom Adams wrote:
>I assume from the comments in your message, that you are talking about
>performing an aggregate function on the results of a query?

I am not sure what the right terminology here is which is why I gave
examples to clarify my comment; from

  http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/pha/rdf-query/#aggr

I understand that Notation3 is considered to support "Aggregation",
the example

  http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/pha/rdf-query/queries/n3/Counting.n3

however uses cwm's math:memberCount built-in, which, as far as I
understand, only works for DAML list constructs, i.e., it won't work
with my FOAF example. So if the scope of aggregate functions in this
context would be limited to what math:memberCount does, then no. The
examples you cite look however more promising, so I think it should
be safe to call it like that.

>Please review the notes from the 15 July 2004 teleconference for more
>details on the group's current thinking, a link will be posted to
>public-rdf-dawg when they become available.

I assume you mean 15 June 2004 :-) Thanks
for the pointer, I'll have a look at it.

Thank you for your time, Tom!