Re: Errata Section 3.1 Triples - www.w3.org/TR/2014/NOTE-rdf11-primer-20140225/#section-data-model [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

On 07/16/2014 12:38 PM, Paul Murray wrote:
> Or just a "a set of triples forms a graph (of nodes and arcs)".
> Perhaps simply "is a graph"? No: a set of triples is a set of triples,
> it "is" a graph no more than it "is" a file on disk.
Seems reasonable to me that a set of triples can be a "graph", a
serialization in some format, and a "set of triples" too.

My point was it seemed "graph" was the term being used to describe a set
of triples but it was never stated explicitly and should be. I still
think it is, and if not should be. After all, we have "multiple graphs"
(section 3.5) not "multiple sets of triples".

> Perhaps "is equivalent to"? There's a mathy word for when you have two
> models that have strictly the same underlying from (doing some
> operations on A is the same as going from a to B, doing the equivalent
> operations there, then going back to A again) - 'homeomorphic'? But
> you probably don't want to bother with that term.
Your describing an invertible function? But I think the word your after
may be isomorphism. Anyway mute point.

> Informally, the triples form a graph with connections. Formally, they
> may form a graph with disjoint subgraphs.

Good point.

Thanks,

Sam.