Re: node-n3: Turtle implementation in JavaScript

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 01:31:08 -0500
To: Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@gmail.com>
CC: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>, "public-rdf-comments@w3.org" <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
On Feb 21, 2013, at 6:53 PM, Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 February 2013 12:45, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>>> You may want to test against the new tests also [6], as the tests at
>>> [7] do not test all of the features in the Candidate Recommendation.
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer!
>> Do the new ones obsolete the old tests or should I test both?
>
> It can't hurt to test against both if you want to have backwards
> compatibility with existing Turtle documents. However, there are no
> references to either test suite in the current Candidate
> Recommendation so it is not completely clear what to do at this stage.
> For what it is worth, the original submission tests are also in the
> mercurial repository at [8].

The two test manifests to run to show compliance with the CR Turtle spec are at [1] and [2]. If you provide EARL reports for either or both of these, they will be included in the compliance report.

EARL reports should also include project DOAP information including the following:

doap:name, doap:developer, doap:homepage, doap:description and doap:programming-language.

Additionally, for the developer, foaf:name and foaf:homepage.

An example of a previous run of the consolodated EARL report (just for the base tests) at [3].

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/tests-ttl/manifest.ttl
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/coverage/tests/manifest.ttl
[3] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/reports/index.html

Gregg