Re: Refers Or Denotes?

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:52:42 -0500
To: public-rdf-comments@w3.org
On 2/13/13 8:23 AM, Henry Story wrote:
> I have updated section 4 of our spec to use the language, and to show the synonymy relation between
> denotes and refers, which seems to be accepted practice in the philosphy literature. The illustration here shows this clearly now:
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.html#overview
For sake of uniformity, would it be possible for you to add
"(perception)" below "sense" in your illustration at:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/img/WebID-overview.png ? .

Reasoning: to illustrate how data can be perceived through information
(aka. data in perceptible context) .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen