Re: Non-PK tables, blank nodes, and leanness

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>wrote:

> Nope, there is no mismatch.
> SPARQL just doesn't give a *minimal* answer, since it would be
> too expensive.

True

> In other words, SPARQL may give different (but equivalent) answers to
> equivalent graphs.

I disagree. If you compute the core (the result of removing redundant blank
nodes aka lean rdf graph),  you get same answers. But if you dont compute
it, you get different answers.

For example:

ASK{
?x <IOU#BORROWER> "Alice".
  ?x <IOU#AMOUNT> 10.
 ?y <IOU#BORROWER> "Alice".
  ?y <IOU#AMOUNT> 10.
FILTER (?x != ?y)
}

Will return true on a non lean rdf graph (per the example below) and would
return false on a lean rdf graph

on the le