Re: R2RML practicability concerns

> I believe that the R2RML mapping language must allow full mapping
> functionality. However, to address the other extreme of the spectrum and
> points in between, R2RML should provide shortcut constructs where
> default/automatic mappings can be specified with very concise mapping
> specification. (Please note, however, that the example we have included
> in the current draft is probably artificially complex because its main
> purpose was to illustrate most if not all functionality allowed by R2RML.)

Yes, I agree with both Souri and Soeren - namely, that the language must
allow "very expressive" mapping (and will, probably get a bit more complex
when Eric gets through various edgecases), but so that people can learn it
and use it, we strongly need to have default mapping standardized to
prevent people from writing too many triples.

Since I imagine the editors are quite busy, would it be possible  that
Soeren and the default mapping people combine forces with them to see what
sensible default mapping can be done and write the details of how that
would look like in the R2RML draft?

It's a very sensible suggestion since I think Marcelo, Juan, and Eric
agree on 90 percent of the default mapping behavior.

> We will add constructs that will allow minimal mapping specification
> that can be used and also that can be incrementally refined, if necessary.

One neat practice idea might be, one idea to test how it looks would be to
make mapping files for each of the use-cases in the use-case note.