Re: Draft of Use Case document on Wiki (as promised)

Michael

I just updated [1] again. I moved the section Expressivity, written by Eric
to [2] . In the spreadsheet, we have the following taxonomy per
Expressivity:

   1. Expressivity
      - Node Label Generation: Graph node names are synthesized from a
      function of database attributes
      - Datatype expressions
         - Simple
         - Relational data (cells) are mapped to rdf datatypes per SQL XSD
         mapping.
         - Micorparsing: Relational data are parsed and mapped to rdf
         graphs.

But now that we dig into it I think it is redundant with what is already in
[1] . In particular,

“b Node Label Generation” appears to be the same as the role of the ontology
being putative,

“c Data type expression” and its three cases appear to be the same as
classifying the treatment of relational data sources at the start of the
document

• We have updated that section to include Eric’s requirement that
microparsing produce an RDF graph.
• Similarly, we have penciled in the rdf datatype mapping in Section 2.

This is just to let everybody know what happened to this part.

We can discuss this tomorrow.

In conclusion, [1] is ready (even though it still needs to be expanded)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Draft_of_Use_Cases
<http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements>
Juan Sequeda