Re: [FT] Implementing the full-text thesaurus match option

From: Pat Case <PCASE@crs.loc.gov>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:23:52 -0400
To: "Paul J. Lucas" <paul@lucasmail.org>,<public-qt-comments@w3.org>
Paul,

Some thesauri at the Library of Congress, including the massive Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) and a smaller Thesaurus for Graphic Materials, are available for download in RDF/XML:
http://id.loc.gov/download/

Pat Case, Library of Congress

>>> On 6/21/2010 at 10:08 PM, in message <B266D0FE-0179-4A76-B710-3F79E4B56CB8@lucasmail.org>, "Paul J. Lucas" <paul@lucasmail.org> wrote:
I'd like to implement the "using thesaurus" match option of XQuery full-text.  Aside form the actual coding, I'd need 2 things:

1. A format for thesauri.
2. Thesauri is various languages.

For #1, I came across this:

http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-primer/

that defines a RDF/XML format for thesaurus information but it's not clear that anybody actually uses that format for thesauri.

For #2, I have no idea where to get thesauri in electronic form (either free or for-purchase) regardless of format.

Can anybody give some pointers/recommendations/suggestions?  Thanks.

- Paul