ping on xpath op namespace for RIF

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:40:30 -0400
To: Michael Rys <mrys@microsoft.com>, Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@redhat.com>, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>, Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Back on March 5, you asked some difficult questions in response to my
earlier questions about an xpath op namespace [1].  Since I didn't have
good answers to your questions, I asked someone else from RIF to help,
and Jos de Bruijn kindly did, on March 28 [2].  I understand things get
busy, but we expect to proceed to Last Call with this in a matter of
weeks.  At this point, I expect we'll proceed using
"http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-operators" as a namespace for the xpath
operators.  Your alternative design approaches, while probably viable,
do not appear to meet our needs as well as simply picking a namespace
name.

       -- Sandro

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2008Mar/0021.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2008Mar/0090.html