Re: [XSLT 2.0] Extension functions, use-when and function-available()

It doesn't, you are right.

But my point is the use of the wording:

"are not included in the context, which means
that the function function-available will return false in respect of such
functions."

The implication is that it is because the functions are not in the use-when
static context, then available-fumctions will return false. This implication
is not dependent upon them being stylesheet functions.

I assume stylesheet functions actually get a false answer because it is
logically impossible for available-functions to know whether or not they
will be in the runtime static context, as that depends upon the result of
use-when processing.

But this is not the case with extension functions. And the whole rational
for use-when + avaialble-functions is to determine whether or not the
extension functions are available.

So I think we have an editorial bug here.
>From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
>
>   But I think the following wording from section 3.12 implies that it may
>not
>   do so:
>
>   "Note that stylesheet functions are not included in the context, which
>means
>   that the function function-available will return false in respect of
>such
>   functions."
>
>I think that "stylesheet functions" refers to functions declared in the
>stylesheet with xsl:function doesn't it? It doesn't refer to vendor
>supplied extensions built into the engine.

The new Windows Live Toolbar helps you guard against viruses
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb