RE: Types defines in F & O and WXS 1.1

What's WSX 1.1?

As you know, F&O and the XQuery, in general, use the XML Schema types.
But it's very difficult for the specs to move in step.  Thus, the reason we
introduced, anyAtomicType, dayTimeDuration and yearMonthDuration in the
F&O (they are now in the Data Model document) was so we did not have
to wait for the XML Schema 1.1.  Once XML Schema 1.1 arrives we should be
back in step.

Ashok Malhotra