Re: [Serial] XHTML Serialization (qt-2004Nov0025-07)

Hi Bjoern

Thank-you for your response.

The XSL and XML Query Working Groups discussed the response [1] and we
agreed that the editor will draft new text to reflect that the http-equiv
attribute with the value "Content-Type" is compared without consideration
of casing and leading/trailing spaces.

I would appreciate if you could check the next public draft of the
specification when it becomes available, and verify that I've correctly
applied this change, and that it resolves this issue to your satisfaction.

Thanks

Joanne
[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2005Mar/0028.html

Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
03/08/05 03:25 PM

Joanne Tong/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject

* Joanne Tong wrote:
>Please change this text to limit the behavior to meta elements with
>http-equiv="Content-Type" (where the value of the attribute is
>case-insensitive).

>Thank you for submitting this comment.  The editors believe that this
>comment has been handled by the resolution ofqt-2004Feb0362-24 [2]. The
>new text is:
>
>[...]
>If a meta element has been added to the head element as described above,
>then any existing meta element child of the head element having an
>http-equiv attribute with the value "Content-Type" MUST be discarded.
>[...]
>
>May I ask you to confirm that this response is acceptable to you?

That's better, but the text should define how the attribute value is
compared to "Content-Type". In HTML 4.01

are all the same.