Re: [F&O] Casting to xs:NOTATION, xs:QName not clarified

From: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 01:53:42 +0100
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Michael Rys wrote:
> The casting table applies to both forms:
>
> So if the casting tables says that you cannot cast from one type to
> another, it applies to both cast as Type and Type().
>
> Best regards
> Michael

What confuses me is, that in the 'Status of this Document' section of
XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators, it says:

"Some of the more significant changes that appear in this version of the
document are:

     * Casting to QName and xs:NOTATION has been clarified. It is now
possible to cast from xs:string literals to QName and xs:NOTATION."

---

That aside, a quick question... I have been looking at the spec for a
little while to find a way to resolve an xs:string, containing an XPath
query, to a nodeset... Does anyone know how to achieve that? :)

~Grauw