RE: [F&O] INF, -INF and NaN - literals?

From: Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:50:45 -0800
To: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>, Colin Paul Adams <colin@colina.demon.co.uk>, public-qt-comments@w3.org

XML Schema, following IEEE 754, defines INF, -INF and NaN as legal
lexical forms for xs:float and xs:double.  If you define an attribute
foo of type xs:float in a Schema, a conforming document can have
foo = NaN as well as foo = 12.5e34.

XQuery can choose to depart from this convention if we so desire but
it will confuse some users.

All the best, Ashok