RE: [XQuery]&[F&O] fn:error: function parameters

From: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:01:27 +0100
To: "'Kanad Dixit'" <kanad_dixit@persistent.co.in>, <public-qt-comments@w3.org>
I'm not sure what product you are referring to here.

Saxon 8.1 still implements the November 2003 version of the error()
function, which takes a single argument of type item(): see
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/functions/intro/fn_error.html

Michael Kay

Hi Michael,
I am wondering whether you would really achieve the desired results.
>error("No input")
when you give an input in XQuery as fn:error("No Input")
At my end I am getting the exception thrown as
javax.ejb.EJBException: System error: {err}XP0004: Invalid static type:
{http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}string.

This is not as per you mention in your mail. What could be the reason for
the difference in nature of error thrown?

However I too agree that it would be much better to change the
'Unidentified Error' to  'User Error'.

Regards,

Kanad.