RE: [XQuery]&[F&O] fn:error: function parameters

From: Kanad Dixit <kanad_dixit@persistent.co.in>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:02:37 +0530
To: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>
Cc: <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
Hi Michael,
I am wondering whether you would really achieve the desired results.
>error("No input")
when you give an input in XQuery as fn:error("No Input")
At my end I am getting the exception thrown as
javax.ejb.EJBException: System error: {err}XP0004: Invalid static type: {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}string.

This is not as per you mention in your mail. What could be the reason for the difference in nature of error thrown?

However I too agree that it would be much better to change the  'Unidentified Error' to  'User Error'.

Regards,

Kanad.