[XSLT2.0] use-when attribute on xsl:transform

From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@colina.demon.co.uk>
Date: 14 Nov 2004 08:57:21 +0000
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

I'm puzzled by this:

"If the xsl:stylesheet or xsl:transform element itself is effectively
excluded, the effect is to exclude all the children of the
xsl:stylesheet or xsl:transform element, but not the xsl:stylesheet or
xsl:transform element or its attributes."

I can't see what the effect of leaving the xsl:transform element
itself (and it's attributes) has. How does this differ from just
ignoring the element altogether?

(I guess that other attributes on the element have to be
checked for errors, and any such errors reported, but I don't see why
this might be important).
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire