RE: collection

From: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:42:07 +0100
To: "'Michael Rys'" <mrys@microsoft.com>, "'Ashok Malhotra'" <ashokmalhotra@alum.mit.edu>
Cc: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

> Thanks.
>
> I have to regret this decision and hope that the function becomes
> optional for implementations that have no notions of XML Collection
> support.

It's much better for interoperability if implementations with no concept of
a collection provide the function and have it always raise an error (unknown
collection URI) than if they don't provide the function. Users can then
write conditional code that works on different implementations.

Michael Kay