From: public-qt-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-qt-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Don Chamberlin
Sent: 23 March 2004 23:28
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Cc: Andrew Eisenberg; Scott Boag; Henry Zongaro
Subject: [XQuery] IBM-XQ-027: Namespace and attribute errors

(IBM-XQ-027): Responding to a request for clarification, I propose that the
following rules be added to the XQuery specification:

(a) A static error is raised if a prolog contains multiple declarations for
the default element/type namespace or multiple declarations for the default
function namespace (including declarations imported from other modules).
These conditions are already defined to be errors in Appendix C, but they
need clarifying text and error codes.

(b) A static error is raised if a direct or computed element constructor
contains multiple specifications of the default element/type namespace (that
is, multiple namespace declaration attributes named xmlns, or multiple local
namespace declarations with no prefix). We need an error code for this.

(c) A static error is raised if a namespace declaration attribute (in a
direct element constructor) or a local namespace declaration (in a computed
element constructor) binds a namespace prefix to a zero-length URI. There is
already an error (XQ0053) that covers this case if it occurs in a prolog;
this error can be extended to cover the additional cases.

(d) A static error is raised if two namespace declaration attributes within
the same direct element constructor bind the same namespace prefix. There is
already an error (XQ0043) that covers this case for local namespace
declarations in a computed element constructor; this error can be extended
to cover the additional case.

(e) The section on attributes in direct element constructors says "All the
attribute nodes generated by an element constructor must have unique names".
We should specify that error XQ0025 is raised if this rule is violated.
Currently XQ0025 seems to cover only duplicate attribute names that occur in
the content sequence.

--Don Chamberlin