Re: [XQuery] A.2.2 Lexical Rules: pattern conflicts

scott_boag@us.ibm.com wrote:

> (qt-2004Jan0241-02)
> > KINDTEST:
> > conflict between QName and the keywords "context" & "global".
>
> This has been classified as an error and has been fixed by removing
> "context" and "global" from the KINDTEST state.

What? Then how does it handle something like this?

    validate strict context type(po:Address) { <zip>90952</zip> }

After "validate strict", the lexer is in KINDTEST. If you don't have a
transition on "context", the lexer will have to read "context" as a
QName, which will lead to a (bogus) syntax error.

> (qt-2004Jan0241-04)
> > EXT_KEY:
> > conflict between QName and the keywords "pragma" & "extension".
>
> These have been classified as errors and have been fixed by some general
> rework of the extension EBNF and the creation of a EXT_CONTENT state.

(It would  be better if the EXT_CONTENT state were placed after the
EXT_NAME state.)

> Thank you for raising the comment.  I would be grateful if you would
> confirm that this provides an adequate resolution.

Apart from the KINDTEST problem, yes.

-Michael Dyck