RE: [XPath] Consistency of Appendix A Grammar presentation for Fu ncti onName

Hi Scott

There should be no problem with the solution I suggest, it just
provides editorial emphasis to what the spec already says.

If you're after a more technically detailed solution:

My JFlex lexer parses for
"and"
"as"
for all reserved words
then NcName
and then QNameWithColon
as maximal length no-whitespace matches.

NcName is therefore short of all reserved words.
QNameWithColon is QName less NcName.

Then my CUP grammar builds up the FunctionName 'terminal' as
the summation of the NcName sub-set plus all reserved words except
appendix A.3. Then the NcName can be built as FunctionName plus
the remaining reserved words. Then QName as QNameWithColon
and NcName. No shift-reduce conflicts.

In practice my grammar is rather more complex because it is part of
NiceXSL and so has XSLT keywords to deal with as well. In working form look
the xpath_* productions in:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/nicexsl/nicexsl/src/net/sf/
nicexsl/NiceXSL.cup?rev=1.3

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/nicexsl/nicexsl/src/net/sf/