RE: [XSLT2.0] IBM-XSLT-117: How is value of select in xsl:analyze-string converted to string?

Thank you for pointing out this omission.

I propose to add the rule:

If the result of evaluating the select expression is not a string, it is
converted to a string by applying the *function conversion rules* [link
to definition in section 5.3].

(An alternative would be to appeal to the fn:string() function; but it
seems more natural to me to use the function conversion rules, which
mean that you will get stronger type checking)

Please confirm whether this resolution is acceptable.

Regards,

Michael Kay
(as XSL WG editor)