From: Don Chamberlin [mailto:chamberl@almaden.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 11:36 AM
To: Michael Rys
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject: Re: [XQuery] MS-XQ-LC1-032

Michael,
In a conference call on Feb. 11, 2004, the XQuery Working Group
responded to this comment as follows: We believe that the XQuery
document and the Data Model document are properly aligned. The typed
value of an element node of complex type with element-only content is
undefined. An attempt to extract this typed value by using the fn:data
function raises type error XP0007, as noted in the XQuery document. No
changes to the document are needed.

Please let us know whether you are satisfied with this resolution of
your issue.
Regards,
--Don Chamberlin

"Michael Rys" <mrys@microsoft.com>
Sent by: public-qt-comments-request@w3.org

01/20/2004 03:51 PM

<public-qt-comments@w3.org>

cc

Subject

[XQuery] MS-XQ-LC1-032

Section 2.4.2 Typed Value and String Value
Technical

"If the type annotation denotes a complex type with element-only
content, then the typed value of the node is undefined.": The data model
already makes this case an error. Please align the specs.