XSLT function "path()" required

From: Huberson Jean <jean.huberson@free.fr>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:50:45 +0200
To: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "HUBERSON Christian" <christian.huberson@imag.fr>

Dear sirs,

I have been working with XSLT files quite a lot and I think that a function
that could give the absolute path of the current node would be very useful
in cases where you have no idea about the structure of the XML file you are
processing.
The result returned by the "path()" function would look something like this:
"/book/chapter[2]/paragraph[5]/title"

Hope you will also see the interest of integrating such a function in the
new XSLT 2.0 specifications,

Best regards,

Christian Huberson

christian.huberson@imag.fr