RE: Overloading functions in XSLT and XQuery

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:48:54 +0200
To: noe_michejda@7thportal.l.pl, public-qt-comments@w3.org

> Currently XSLT allows user function with same name but
> different number of parameters (arity), but XQuery doesn't.
> Why such difference? This feature might be as useful in
> XQuery as in XSLT.

I think it is intended that XQuery should also allow this. Section 2.1.1
which describes the static context states "Each function is uniquely
identified by its expanded QName and its arity (number of parameters)".

I think the statement in 4.12 that "A user-declared function is uniquely
identified by its expanded QName." is probably an error; but I might be
mistaken. I'll follow it up.