RE: node equality: fn:node-equal()

And why can't you write the function yourself?

I am not convinced yet that such a function has a general enough value.

Also note that the more functions the WG is defining, the longer it will
take until implementations will have fully conformant implementations.

I would much rather have an incremental development of the function
library and continue to add functions over time. This means that you
need to postpone functions that have less general value for a later
version.

And your function below for me falls into the postponing category for
the following reasons:

1. I still don't fully understand the semantics
2. The semantics that I infer from your description (shallow-equal) is
in my opinion both cheap enough to write yourself and not general enough
a function to be included.

Best regards
Michael