RE: F&O Definitions of derived duration types

Priscilla:
See below...

All the best, Ashok

[AM] Perhaps it needs to be clarified that the target namespace of the
schema that contains these fragments is referred to by the prefix "xdt".

> 2.  The pattern for xdt:dayTimeDuration has line breaks and spaces in
it
> to format it.   This implies that those line breaks and spaces are
> allowed in the pattern, which they aren't.  Even though it makes it
even
> less readable, I think the white space should be removed from the
> pattern.
[AM] I'll see what we can do to fix this.

> 3. The sentence "In this [XML Schema Part 1: Structures] fragment, the
> value of attributeFormDefault is unqualified." appears before each
> simple type definition.  What does this mean?  No attributes are
> declared in the example, so the attributeFormDefault of the schema
> fragment is irrelevant.  Is it an explanation of why the attributes
used
> in the example (name, base, value) are unqualified?  If so, I don't
> think that really needs an explanation.  That is the rule for _all_
> schema fragments.
[AM] We added this text because there was a comment from a reader who
found it confusing.  If it's redundant I'm not too worried.  If it's an
error it should be fixed.