Re: May F&O: 15.2.1.1 Deep Equality of Nodes

David Carlisle wrote:

 >>It's also handy when it can be used as it is, without tweaking or
 >>filtering; no function needs to be defined, no filters written. People
 >>can simply use it.
 >>
 > Most modern programming languages have a relatively small core,
 > together
 > with a larger (often much larger) standard library of functions that
 > are written within the language.

Yes, no doubt.

Above I said that the function should be available to the developer,
without him being required to write it.

 > Arguing that a function should not be a primitive function in the
 > language is not the same as arguing that it should not be available to
 > the user.

But instead of suggesting that it be moved to a (to be created ?)
standard library, you said that "deep-equality ought to be
moved to the user-defined examples appendix".

I'd be OK with moving the function to a standard library of functions,
if this stdlib will be part of a W3C rec. [1]

Tobi
[1]
(or does it (standard library of functions spec or section) exist
already? I didn't yet read all the ten specs.)

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/