RE: XQuery: Status of XQueryX?

> What is the current status of XQueryX? Is it quietly being forgotten?

Please review the re-issued XML Query Requirements document that clearly
states that our work in this area is not done:

"- One query language syntax MUST be convenient for humans to read and
write.

published in June 2001. This has been captured in issue 152 ( W3C
members only)"

> Or will a future XQueryX WD appear when the XQuery WDs are changing
less
> significantly from one WD to another? Or can we confidently expect a
new
> XQueryX WD next time that XQuery WD is updated?

Answers to these questions will depend on how the WG resolves Issue 152
and therefore are not yet available.

/paulc
Chair, XML Query WG

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlquery-req/