RE: ORA-FO-EXCEPT 15.2.5 op:except

Steve:

Duplicates are eliminated from the result for op:union(), op:except()
and op:intersect().  For op:union, the two nodes in

the two sequences are unioned, duplicates eliminated and the result
returned.

For op:except(), the nodes in the first sequence that do not appear in
the second sequence as collected, duplicates

eliminated and the result returned.  If the second argument is the empty
sequence, the first argument, is returned

after eliminating duplicates.

For op:intersect(), the intersection of the two sequences is computed,
duplicates eliminated and returned.

I think the wording in the document is clear.  Please take another look.
If you think it's confusing I can attempt to clarify.

All the best, Ashok