Additional comments/clarifications

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:35:12 -0400
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Cc: w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org

Dear XML Query / XSL WGs,

Below please find an additional comment and a clarification
to our last call comments:

Additional comment to Functions/Operators:

[170] the gMonthDay-equal, gYearMonth-equal etc. unlike the other
descriptions of comparison, omit the word 'normalized' from
the description. That is, they should say 'if the normalized
value of $operand1 is equal to the normalized value of $operand2'.

Clarification re. Functions/Operators, our comment [96]:
The formulas for backup are okay for totally ordered datatypes,
and our understanding is that you currently only have totally
ordered datatypes. However, Mark Davis pointed out that should
you currently have partially ordered types, or should you have
such types in the future, then two of the formulas would have
to be changed as follows:

      a le b <==> foo-less-than(a,b) || foo-equal-to(a,b)
      a ge b <==> foo-less-than(b,a) || foo-equal-to(a,b)

Regards,    Martin.