RE: Missing duration equality

Michael:
I realize that equality does not require a total order.  The feeling in
the WG was that duration, lacking a total order, was not a useful
datatype and  we should not provide operations on it.  Thus, we provided
operations on only the 2 totally ordered subtypes of durations that we
defined.

Recently, there has been a proposal to change the value space of
duration to a tuple (integer minutes; decimal seconds}.  If this
proposal is accepted we may revisit this issue and, who knows, perhaps
define an equality operator on xs:duration.

All the best, Ashok