From: Jonathan Robie [mailto:jonathan.robie@datadirect-technologies.com]

Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 5:09 AM
To: ed.knoll@cosd.fedex.com; Ashok Malhotra
Cc: John Mercado; XQuery Comments
Subject: Re: Why no xf:type accessor?

One problem with an xf:type accessor is that not every type has a unique

name - there are anonymous types that have no name, and local element
and
attribute declarations whose names may be identical to other element and

attribute declarations.

One way of solving this would be to create a universal naming schema for

all types that can occur, but this was deemed too complex for XPath and
XQuery 1.0.

Jonathan