RE: Why no xf:type accessor?

At 06:50 AM 9/30/2002 -0700, Ashok Malhotra wrote:
>Jonathan:
>We need to solve this problem in any case.  The Schema WG
>has started to discuss the NuNs question again and I'm hoping
>there will be a proposal soon.

Ashok,

As you know, I've been a proponent of NUNs since before they existed, and I
hope we do come up with a universal naming scheme that is as simple as
possible.

In my opinion, once that naming scheme exists, xf:type makes a lot of
sense, but it doesn't make sense before that time. And this is something
the W3C XML Schema WG should do, not XML Query.

Jonathan