From: John Mercado [mailto:johnkmercado@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 5:17 AM
To: XQuery Comments
Subject: Why no xf:type accessor?

The data model draft describes a number of accessors,
most of which appear in F&O.  But I don't see a type
accessor.  I see I can get the typed value, and I
guess I could use instanceof to test to see if it's a
specific type, but what if I want the type name as a
QName?  It seems like that would be a useful function.
 Any reason it was omitted?

Thanks,
John