RE: XSLT 2.0 - 3.4 "declaration"

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:59:11 +0200
To: Svgdeveloper@aol.com, public-qt-comments@w3.org

We introduced the term "declaration" because "top-level element" was both
turgid and technically incorrect. As with other terms (for example,
instruction) it's a word that has other meanings in other specifications,
and we therefore need to make sure that it's clear from the context. I think
the fact that we always hyperlink the first occurrence of the term in any
paragraph or section to the definition achieves this goal.

Michael Kay