XSLT 2.0 - 3.4 "declaration"

From: <Svgdeveloper@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:10:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

I think the term "declaration" (used without qualification) is going to cause
difficulties when explaining XSLT 2.0, since we already have XML declaration,
namespace declaration etc. It seems to me that using the term "declaration"
without some qualifying term may cause problems.

I wonder if it would be simpler to use a term such as "top-level XSLT
element" for what I understand to be the meaning of "declaration". Not so
succinct but probably less ambiguous.

Andrew Watt