RE: Data Model - Inconsistent?

I think an Editor of the Data Model may be able to answer your detailed
questions but I wanted to reiterate what I said in a previous reply.

The text "The data model is based on the Information Set" must not be
read to mean that there is an isomorphic mapping between the Data Model
and the Information Set.  The DM document tells you how to construct a
DM instance from the Infoset (and PSVI).  You should not assume you are
then operating on an Infoset.  Please remember that the Infoset is just
set of terms that describe what an XML parser returns.

/paulc
Chair, XML Query WG

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329