Re: check with SGML::Parser::OpenSP

Hi Bjoern.

On Aug 12, 2005, at 0:57, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2005Aug/0005 has a
> patch that replaces calls to the onsgmls executable with SGML::Parser
> ::OpenSP calls. It's a quick hack to aid anyone who is going to do
> something better.

I gave it a quick look, it looks fine. Haven't tested it yet (still
working on getting SPO working on my machine)

> It also removes all features that depend on the ESIS or more generally
> on information about elements, character data, etc. in the document,
> so the parse tree option, the esis option, the outline option, the
> list of namespaces, the 'max errors' option and some fixme code.

These we can live with, temporarily at least.

> It does not show auxiliary messages ("dup id ... first defined here"),

That's too bad.

> The code is a mess of course, it even uses tabs which it really should
> not. And this if of course not how things should work in the long term
> though I sense some urgency to switch to mod_perl and generally less
> overhead in processing...

That is a pleasant understatement. I would suggest committing it to CVS
as soon as you can, after a bit of cleaning up if you like.

thanks.