Re: check with SGML::Parser::OpenSP

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 17:57 +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> I sense some urgency to switch to mod_perl and generally less
> overhead in processing...

Seconded.  And no objections to looking at switching exclusively to
mod_perl (2.x) here.

On a related note, I did some benchmarking with 0.7.0 on my lowlyish
laptop yesterday, hitting a validation results page of a localhost URL
that produces a couple of errors.  This was done with "ab", using a
concurrency level of 5.  I don't have all the output available any more,
but here are some order-of-magnitude results for served validation
requests per second:

Vanilla 0.7.0: about 0.58.

0.7.0 changed to use HTML::Template's file (or shared memory) caching of
templates: about 0.72.

0.7.0 with the above caching, plus hacked to not load the ~65kB
error_messages.cfg: about 0.85.

Additionally, lazy loading the fatal error and auth proxying templates
only when needed (which in my test case equals "not loaded") helped a
bit, but barely noticeably.