Re: [wmvs] Prerequisites, Minimum Versions, Platforms?

* Terje Bless wrote:
>The main concern is probably the quality and completeness of the UNICODE
>support in Perl. As Ville says “I've heard some bad things” about the early
>5.8 versions' UNICODE support in this sense, but I don't recall seeing the
>specifics.

http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.4/Changes5.8.1.html gives some insight, a
number of things have been changed between 5.8.0 and 5.8.1 like e.g.
`use encoding ...` affecting __DATA__ pseudo file handles (which was
overlooked along with some other things...), but I am not aware of any
change that would currently affect us nor that is likely going to affect
us.

>I dunno. Opinions? yesno on >= 5.8.0? .1 .2 .3?

5.8.2+