Re: S:P:O in cvs is win32-specific?

On Sep 7, 2004, at 9:19 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> As I wrote in my announcement,
[...]

Ah, sorry, I did not remember the details of the announcement, just
went and fetched the source. As a matter of fact people willing to try
spo may not have seen it, so maybe it's a good idea to copy-paste the
announcement into the README for the moment?

> This is on purpose, the alternative would be to make this GCC specific
> or similar which is not exactly useful for me. The problem here is that
> there is no good way to say MakeMaker "this is C++ code".

I see. I am surprised, however, that it is the case. It means for
example that the module could not be installed with e.g 'perl -MCPAN -e
install'. I would expect perl developers to have come with a solution
for it, since xs dev is not so uncommon anyway.